Technological communication aids (PMATCOM)
This program is for physically disabled people living at home and who need:
- a technological aid to communicate
- adapted computer access
- adapted telephone access
- a technological aid to control the environment
How do I access the services?
The services can be accessed through the ID-PD-ASD program access point.
Interventions are performed by an occupational therapist and a speech therapist at 135 St-Raymond Blvd., in Gatineau, and consist of:
- An assessment of communication needs and the associated functional limits.
- Recommendations for managers of the PMATCOM program, attesting that the client requires a technological aid to access technologies and communications.
- Procuring of and training for technological communication aids.
- Regular follow-up to replace and repair defective devices.