Flu Vaccine 2017
The vaccination campaign is ongoing since November 1st, 2017 in all Outaouais territories.
- For those who meet the above criteria and didn't receive their vaccine yet or for children who need to get a second dose, please contact your closest CLSC to book an appointment - see the List of facilities
- Immunization clinics with appointments are offered at the CLSCs in Gatineau, Hull and Aylmer, starting January 20th. To book an appointment call the toll-free line: 1-844-351-6277.
Influenza Immunization Program
Quebec’s Influenza Immunization Program (PIIQ) has been in place since 1971. Its objective is to prevent complications, hospitalizations and deaths in high-risk groups. In fact, the best protection for those most at risk is still vaccination.
The flu vaccine is offered free of charge to the following people:
- Children from 6 to 23 months of age
- People with certain chronic diseases
- Pregnant women with certain chronic diseases, throughout their pregnancy
- Pregnant women in good health, in their 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy
- People aged 60 years and over
- Close relations of people at greater risk of complications
- Close contacts of children under 6 months of age
- Health care workers, especially those in contact with at-risk clients
For vaccination locations and hours, visit the sub-pages for each sector/area:
- Papineau (Vallée-de-la Lièvre and Petite-Nation)
- Vallée-de-la-Gatineau (and North sector)
- Des Collines