Created on April 1, 2015, the CISSS (Centre intégré de santé et services sociaux, or integrated health and social services centre) de l’Outaouais integrates the following institutions:
- 5 health and social service centres, namely Gatineau, Pontiac, des Collines, Vallée-de-la-Gatineau and Papineau
- a physical disability rehabilitation centre (the Centre régional de réadaptation La RessourSe)
- an intellectual disability and pervasive developmental disorder centre (Pavillon du Parc)
- an addiction rehabilitation centre (CRDO)
- Outaouais youth centres (centres jeunesse de l’Outaouais)
- and the Outaouais health and social services agency (Agence de la santé et des services sociaux de l’Outaouais).
These organizations were integrated pursuant to the adoption of the Act to modify the organization and governance of the health and social services network, in particular by abolishing the regional agencies.
The CISSS Outaouais relies on the competence, commitment and pride of its employees, doctors, midwives and partners in its pursuit of improving public health.