Becoming a partner user
Users are invaluable partners for our organization. While health and social services professionals are experts in their respective fields, the user is the expert on his life, his needs, and his experience with the care and services that have been provided to him. The purpose of the care and services partnership we are referring to is to provide users with the opportunity to share their experience and contribute significantly to improving the quality of care and services provided. Refocusing our actions on users’ well-being also makes the care and services provided more relevant.
Role of the partner user
The partner user communicates his impressions and personal knowledge on the impact our care and services can have on users. Furthermore, the partner user helps us meet the needs of our users, of their loved ones and of the community, while respecting their priorities.
Through feedback, the partner user has a direct influence on continuous improvement projects, and on the policies, programs and practices that shape the care and services provided at the CISSS Outaouais.
Interested in submitting your application?
If you want to become a partner user and help us make a real difference, and you meet the following criteria, let us know!
- You have received care or services from the Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux (CISSS) de l’Outaouais (or at a partner institution) over the last two years.
- You want to make a contribution to the community by improving the quality of care and services provided.
- You want to work as a volunteer by expressing your opinion in a constructive fashion, by participating in specific quality improvement activities or by sitting on a committee.
- You understand the health and social services network through the experiences you had at our facilities.
- You embrace the values, mission and vision of the CISSS Outaouais.
- You wish to share your opinions in a constructive manner within a group.
- You value others and can set aside your own personal experiences.
- You are professional, open-minded, positive, reliable, punctual and dedicated.
Submitting your application:
- Complete and submit an application form.
- The program director will contact you for a brief phone interview within 30 days following receipt of your application and establish partnership possibilities.
- Next, you will be invited for a joint interview with the program director and a partner project manager; you will be required to bring the following documents with you:
- Your résumé, with references upon request
- Two pieces of photo ID
After the interview, the candidates selected will need to take the following steps:
- Secure a volunteer status through the CISSS Outaouais volunteer service.
- Take part in an orientation session.
Term of commitment
You are in full control of your time. You decide how much time you want to dedicate to your role as partner user. It could be just a single activity (for example, talking about your experiences in our facilities to professionals) or an ongoing participation with a committee or working group.
Each user participating in an activity as a volunteer is given a free parking pass.
Note: The contents of this web page, as well as the application form, have been adapted with permission from the patient partnership director at Montfort Hospital.
Partenariat de soins et de services
Direction de la qualité, évaluation, performance et éthique
CISSS de l’Outaouais
Tel.: 819 770‑6528, ext. 363
Write to Estelle Desaulniers-Coulombe