The CISSS de l’Outaouais’ intensive care services are distributed across various facilities in order to meet the proximity needs of the population. The services are distributed across the territory as follows:
- Gatineau Hospital: intensive care unit on 6th floor North - 4 beds
- Hull Hospital: intensive care unit on 3rd floor East - 14 beds
- Papineau Hospital: intensive care unit on 3rd floor - 6 beds
- Pontiac Hospital: intensive care unit on main floor - 3 beds
- Maniwaki Hospital: intensive care unit on main floor - 3 beds
Clients are directed to these centres based on the level of care they require and where they live. There, they receive high quality care and services provided by an interdisciplinary team with complementary roles and responsibilities. Care is coordinated to ensure maximum independence for patients so they can return to their prior living environment as quickly as possible or, where applicable, to create conditions that will allow patients to die with dignity.