Driving evaluation and vehicle adaptation program (PCAAV)
This program is for:
- people with physical disabilities causing impairments likely to interfere with their ability to drive a motor vehicle safely (driving)
- people with physical disabilities limiting their capacity to get into a vehicle (vehicle adaptation).
How do I access the services?
- To have access to a driving assessment, the person must be referred by the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ)’s medical assessment service and bring a Form M-57.
- For vehicle adaptation applications, clients may contact the ID-PD-ASD program access point.
These interventions are performed only as-needed by occupational therapists at 135 St-Raymond Blvd., Gatineau. They include:
- A driving capacity assessment, i.e. a written test and a road test.
- Recommendations to the SAAQ)’s medical assessment service, and/or
- Assessment, identification and recommendation for adaptations to the vehicle (driver side and passenger side adaptations) and/or a mobility aid loading system.
Road tests are performed in partnership with a driving school, and carry a fee.