Vaccination against respiratory infections 2023
Vaccination against respiratory infections is free and recommended
Beginning October 10, 2023, respiratory infections vaccines are available to everyone for free. The vaccines offered free of charge to the population are those against influenza and the new Covid-19 vaccine, and to certain population groups the vaccine against pneumococcal infections.
Vaccination is strongly recommended for the following people:
- People living in residential and long-term care centers, private seniors' residences or other collective environments with a high proportion of elderly and vulnerable people.
- People aged 60 and over
- People who are immunocompromised, on dialysis or living with a chronic illness
- Pregnant women
- Healthcare workers
- Adults living in remote or isolated areas
- People with babies aged six months and under
Make an appointment
- If you have a scheduled appointment with a health care professional (pharmacist, physician, nurse, etc.),
check to see if they can give you your flu shot.
- Online via : Clicsante.ca
- If you are unable to make an appointment online or if you are experiencing difficulties, call 1-844-351-6277 (toll-free)
For people living long-term care centers (CHSLD), intermediate and family-type resources (RR-RTFs) and private residences for seniors (RPA), mobile teams will travel to these living environments. No action is required on the part of the individuals to make an appointment.
Useful information about vaccination
- Wear clothing that allows you to expose your shoulder
- Bring your hospital card
- Allow a 15-minute wait after the vaccination
- Follow the health measures during your vaccination
- Do not show up for your appointment if you have respiratory infection symptoms