There is a day surgery unit at all 5 hospitals with an operating theatre. The unit undertakes to:
- Receive the patient and prepare him or her for surgery
- Provide post-surgery care
- Give instructions for their return home
- Follow up with home care
- Authorize discharge in accordance with initial criteria.
Following surgery, an assessment is done by the nurse: vital signs, check dressing, orientation in all 3 spheres, mobility, first standing up.
What to bring?
- Hospital card
- Health insurance card
- Non-skid socks
- As few personal effects as possible
- No valuables
Have someone available to take you home.