Sexual health (12-24 years)
Youth clinic sexual health services offered in CLSCs are targeted at youths aged between 12 and 24. The youth clinic team is comprised of nurse clinicians.
- Screening and treatment of asymptomatic STIs
- Screening and treatment of asymptomatic partners
- Referral, where needed, to a specialist nurse practitioner (for symptomatic cases)
- Counselling on safe sexual practices
- Distribution of condoms
- HPV and hepatitis vaccination for clients meeting the Quebec Immunisation Protocol criteria
- Initiation, change and renewal of oral contraceptives
- Injection of Depo-Provera
- Emergency contraception (morning-after pill)
- Pregnancy test
These services are offered on a strictly confidential basis.
How do I access the services?
Please note that clients aged 14 and over must schedule their appointments personally. Youths can also take advantage of the presence of a CLSC nurse in their school to talk about their sexuality.