Sexual health (12-24 years)
Youth clinic sexual health services offered in CLSCs are targeted at youths aged between 12 and 24. The youth clinic team is comprised of nurse clinicians.
- Screening and treatment of asymptomatic STIs
- Screening and treatment of asymptomatic partners
- Referral, where needed, to a specialist nurse practitioner (for symptomatic cases)
- Counselling on safe sexual practices
- Distribution of condoms
- HPV and hepatitis vaccination for clients meeting the Quebec Immunisation Protocol criteria
- Initiation, change and renewal of oral contraceptives
- Injection of Depo-Provera
- Emergency contraception (morning-after pill)
- Pregnancy test
These services are offered on a strictly confidential basis.
How do I access the services?
Contact your CLSC directly to schedule an appointment. Opening hours vary from one youth clinic to another.
Please note that clients aged 14 and over must schedule their appointments personally. Youths can also take advantage of the presence of a CLSC nurse in their school to talk about their sexuality.