In-person prenatal meetings
Prenatal meetings are held in English and in French with pregnant women accompanied by their spouses, a friend or a family member.
Children are not allowed at these meetings.
What should I expect?
In-person prenatal meetings led by nurses are held on weeknights at your local CLSC. The program involves 4 meetings, each lasting 2 hours and held once a week.
- Meeting 1: Preparing for birth: labour and delivery
- Meeting 2: Dealing with contingencies
- Meeting 3: Being a parent
- Meeting 4: My choice: breastfeeding
How do I access the services?
Gatineau territory (Hull-Aylmer-Gatineau) and des Collines territory (Cantley-Chelsea-La Pêche-Val-des-Monts):
- You and the person who accompanies you must register by filling out a form (online secured form currently under development - coming soon...) or in person at your CLSC. You will need to provide a proof of residence.
- For more information, please call 819 771-2990, ext. 2217
- CLSC de la Vallée-de-la-Lièvre: 819 986-3359, ext. 2216
- CLSC de la Petite-Nation: 819 983-7346, ext. 6353
- CLSC du Pontiac: 819 683-3000 and 1-800-567-9625 (toll free)
- Maniwaki: 1 844-255-2513
- CLSC de Low: 1 844-422-3548
- CLSC de Gracefield: 1 844-463-2604
You must register early because spaces are limited. You will be sent a confirmation letter for the series of 4 meetings 2 weeks to 1 month before the start of the meetings (except for the Papineau territory).