Prenatal and postnatal monitoring
Universal perinatal and parent health services are available for:
- pregnant women
- mothers and fathers of newborns
- breastfeeding mothers
- To help pregnant women experience a healthy and happy pregnancy.
- Provide support to mothers and fathers in their perinatal experience.
- Promote the child’s health, well-being and optimal development.
- Direct new parents toward other community services and resources.
How do I access the services?
Les services sont offerts suite à une référence médicale ou à la demande d’un client qui appelle à un point de service.
What should I expect?
Perinatal period :
- Reception of the guide “From Tiny Tot to Toddler: A practical guide for parents from pregnancy to age two” (available at CLSCs)
- A telephone assessment
Postnatal period :
- A phone call within 24 hours of leaving the birthplace
- A regular visit within 24 hours of leaving the birthplace
When and where are services provided?
- The guide “From Tiny Tot to Toddler: A practical guide for parents from pregnancy to age two” is available at CLSCs.
- Telephone assessments are done during business hours following a notice of pregnancy.
- Calls are placed 24 hours following departure from the birthplace 7 days a week.
- Routine home visits are conducted 24 to 72 hours following delivery.