The anticoagulant therapy outpatient clinic specializes in the treatment of problems related to blood coagulation. The services provided are mainly blood thinning treatments to avoid blood clots.
How do I access the services?
Services are provided to adult patients.
A consultation request must be sent to the anticoagulant therapy outpatient clinic by the referring physician.
What to expect?
- Registration with the secretary
- Specimen collection, if necessary
- Consultation with the specialist
- Other tests, if necessary
- The specialist may ask for an investigation to be done on an outpatient basis
- Specialist’s decision on completion of follow-up
- Length of appointment: about an hour if specimens must be taken, 10 to 20 minutes for follow-up appointments.